#Meditate to Heal
BalaCares Foundation is a certified non-government organization that believes in enabling self-reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor with a special focus on health and education.
* To promote health care awareness among underprivileged people.
* To help and assist distressed people from disease and poverty irrespective of race, religion or country of origin.
* To provide educational opportunities to those in need.
We strive to relieve distress through counseling and providing materials through both medical and religious groups. We feed those who are hungry through reputable organizations. Finally, we undertake projects to prevent and to treat disease.
* Ob/Gyn Volunteer work at Blackfoot Community Hospital in Browning, Montana, USA, an American Indian Reservation facility.
* BalaCares Foundation provides free medical service to the indigent people of West Tennessee Rural Counties through Dr. Lakshmanan Ganapathy's clinic at 211 East Court Ave, Selmer, Tennessee, USA.
* Ob/Gyn Volunteer work at American Indian Health service in Tuba City, Arizona, USA.
Since September 3rd 2012, Sri Bala Medical Center, in Kavunji, Tamilnadu, India has been providing basic health care, maternal and child health programs. It offers educational programs in nutrition, substance use disorders, immunization and sanitation.
* Construction of P.S.K. Raja Rathinam New Block in T.D.T.A National Higher Secondary School, Satankulam, Tuticorin
District. This facility opened to children on June 30th, 2008.
* Donated computers to S.N. High School, Perla, Kasargod, Kerala state in May 2004.
Construction of drinking water facility in Kavunji, Tamilnadu, India.
This facility opened to the public on December 5th, 1999.
We couldn't do what we do without our volunteers and donors. You can make a difference too. Become a volunteer or make a tax-deductible donation to relieve disease, distress and hunger.
Donations to BalaCares are tax-deductible in the USA under the status of 501(c)3. Every donation that you make to BalaCares goes directly to supporting our mission-focused activities to relieve disease, distress, and hunger.
Kodaikanal, India, is surrounded by about 40 villages, both in the upper and lower hills. People from these villages have to travel more than 130 miles to reach the nearest town, spending all of their hard-earned money for medical treatment and other expenses. The BalaCares foundation committed to establishing a hospital in Kavunji, India, to provide basic health care to the roughly 200,000 villagers to reduce their hardship and suffering. The result of this intiative is the Sri Bala Medical Center (SBMC), a non-profit service-oriented hospital, which has been approved by the government of Tamil Nadu, India.
Sri Bala Medical Center provides basic health care, including maternal and pediatric health programs. The center offers educational programs regarding numerous health and mental health issues including nutrition, substance use disorders, immunizations and sanitation. This unique rural hospital will provide health care to about 200,000 people in the way of out-patient clinic services including medical, surgical and obstetrics & gynecological services.
+1 731 645 3216
211, East Court Ave
Selmer, TN 38375, USA
Sri Bala Medical Center,
Kavunji 624103, INDIA